Cheating or infidelity is the act of being unfaithful to your partner. It means engaging in romantic or sexual relation with a person other than your partner. There are possible signs your partner maybe cheating on you
Cheating or infidelity is one of the challenges faced in a relationship. While many people are blindsided if and when they find out about a partner cheating, others may suspect it because of actions that are out of the norm.
Below are the signs of infidelity:
#Sudden Change in Attitude
Your spouse may experience work stress or problems with other relationships that can lead to changes in attitude. When you see these signs consider other causes, as well as the potential for infidelity.
- You notice your spouse has a sense of confusion about him or herself.
- Your spouse exhibits signs of low self-esteem.
- Your spouse becomes more critical of you.
- Your spouse seems to be picking fights more often.
- Your spouse is more negative than before.
- Your spouse gets very defensive if you mention infidelity or affairs.
- When you ask for reassurance about cheating, you do not feel satisfied with the response.
#Sudden Change in Habits
Your partner may change their habits for a variety of reasons. And healthy habit changes are usually a positive thing. But certain habit changes may be cause for concern
- Your spouse is suddenly more attentive than usual.
- The words “I love you” are not spoken by your spouse any longer.
- You can’t even get your mate to fight with you.
- You can’t get your spouse to communicate with you.
- Your spouse seems to want danger or thrills in their life.
- Your spouse is dressing nicer, looking nicer, or there is a sudden interest in appearance.
- Your mate is working longer and longer hours at work.
- Your spouse’s wandering eye seems out of control.
- Your spouse picks up a new hobby that requires a few hours of commitment per day. When you show interest in their new hobby, their answer seems vague or they brush you off.
#Avoidance and Lying
In marriage, dishonesty is a red flag. These under listed strategies may be an indication that your partner is cheating
- They don’t want to go anywhere or do anything with you anymore.
- You feel as if you are being avoided.
- Your spouse seems more secretive.
- Your partner abandons religious faith.
- You find your partner has been lying to you about a variety of things.
Marriages and Relationships undergo some kind of financial stress at one time or another. But you may want to investigate certain money issues when you notice them in your marriage.
- You notice charges on credit card statements that don’t make sense.
- Money becomes more of an issue between the two of you.
- Your Partner stops planning for large purchases (such as a trip, buying a house, starting a renovation, etc.)
#Making Unusual Excuses and Keeping late night
Your partner start coming home late at night reeking of another person’s signature scent, it seems pretty obvious that something is amiss. But often, the signs of cheating are far more subtle.
Whether you have a fleeting concern about new behaviors or are seriously worried that your partner could be having an affair. Handling this issue will be a little bit difficult for some persons, but some person could suggest you go for divorce while some will advice you go spiritual.
#Change in use of Gadget and Social Media
Infidelity is often revealed online, social media platform, in text messages, or phone messages. These tech changes may warrant concern.
- You notice cloud sharing has suddenly been switched off on your devices.
- Your spouse stops using shared devices altogether.
- Your spouse reduces their use of social media.
- Your partner clears the browser history on the home computer.
- Your spouse’s fitness tracker shows exercise at odd times and hours.
Again, what may be a warning sign in one relationship may be nothing to be concerned about in another relationship. In fact, most signs of infidelity are quite subtle. It is only when the lies and stories stop adding up that the cheating usually comes to light.
How To Deal with a Cheating Partner
Most times, when you confront your partner with accusations of cheating, He will be denying. Unless you have hard evidence or any proof, many will not admit to infidelity instead will be try to justify his act.
There are a few ways that you can tell if your partner is lying. If you keep getting denial and push-back when trying to discuss your concerns with your partner, you may need to get help from professionals to sort through things.