To get over a break up has been psychologically said not to have a formula that works. A whole lot of relationship advisers and marriage counsellors have written millions of articles, books, poem and as well have delivered speeches by holding seminars yet victims of break ups still scout for articles on break up tips. I want to tell you that reading articles and attending relationship seminars are not enough to get over a break up.
Have you forgotten we have different temperaments, so the tips of that works for Mr. Sanguine may out rightly not work for Mr. Phlegmatic so does it not work for Mr. Melancholy. What formed the opinion of this article is as a result of several we have got from our readers on the best tips to get over a break up…have you heard someone died while trying to smile in getting over a break up. That happened in Madagascar. Now, going through a breakup is low-key the best time to rebrand yourself. You can be whoever you want to be, do whatever you want to do, and try anything you want to try without having to consider anyone but yourself…this is what you hear most times, how true is it? we don’t know. That may sound bad enough but we have posited before that what works for Mr. A does not work for Mr.B. Example, I resort to traveling to places anytime I’m trying to get over a break up. Does that work for you? certainly, no.
Losing someone who was constantly in your life, it can be easy to dwell on the past instead of looking at what your future self can bring to the table. Completely understandable. So to help you get over a break up especially the type of break ups that hurts, we at relationship.com.ng has compiled the best type of tips that works for all the temperament to get over a break up.
1)Don’t think of a new relationship too soon, If you start dating someone else, take it really slow. Dude. You just ended a relationship with the person that used to be your bestfriend. This ordinarily shouldn’t be the first tips but many young lads think the best way to get over a break up is rush into a new relationship yen yen! who told you that? you want to fill the vacuum, come on, your heart will be exploded this period. I don’t mean to sound sarcastic but I’m being realistic. Dear, your best option is not to rush into a new relationship, did you think of the Jezebel in your new girl or the Pharaoh in your man. Do you start equating your new supposed partner to the former.
What if perhaps, the relationship that just ended comes back to live again? What then is your fate. Please, give yourself time after a breakup before you think of venturing into another one. Give yourself time my love, get over the old relationship but then I usually advice, let that friend don’t turn to an enemy because of a break up.
Supposing you have got over the break up and you want to start a new relationship, take it really slow, don’t rush it like the other party want to run away. It stuck some people if they get to know you are being over them because you want to get your break up with them. It makes them feel unsecured and that can make someone lose his/her interest in you without feeling remorse. Don’t scheme to get them back, scheme to get yourself back. Get some solid book recs, join a pickup sports game, go on a trip somewhere with a girlfriend. Paint your bathroom—I don’t care. Just do something for yourself
2) Don’t put a blame to yourself for the breakup: there are many a times we put blames to ourselves if we begin to analyze where we did not live up to expectations while the relationship was subsisting. Instead of playing a blame game, why don’t you use your old imperfections to perfect the you now. See my love, we must not always get it right sweetie, we all have our shortcomings so that allow that bewiled you for it’s just a lesson and not a life imprisonment.
In the other way, don’t blame your ex. It’s easy to blame your ex for everything, but , if you do this, you’ll eventually turn that blame to yourself. So rather than issuing blame, try finding more neutral things to say, like, “we saw things differently,” or “we had some good years, then things changed,”. And if your ex left you for someone else, don’t blame that person, either. It is a two middle edge sword
3) Embrace your feelings :After a breakup, no one is expecting you to be all sunshine and rainbows all the time. People understand that you need time to process your emotions — and you need to understand that, too, if we try to pretend like breakups don’t hurt by ignoring our heartache, all we’re doing is creating bigger challenges for ourselves down the road. “It’s just like ignoring the sniffle that eventually turns into a full-blown sinus infection because you didn’t give yourself the necessary rest, hydration and vitamin intake,” “Make it somewhat easier on yourself by dealing with it now and knowing that this will be your best bet for long-term healing. This is somewhat related to my first point, embrace your feelings before you go into a fresh relationship
4) Spend Time On A New Thing: When you’re in a relationship, you get used to spending a lot of your free time with your partner, so when that’s suddenly no longer an option, it can be jarring — which is why it’s important to take up a new hobby that you can use as a de facto way to fill your time. Trying out something new keeps your mind off the break up, it connects your mind like a motor cycle con rod that touches the piston and rings steadily when the motor cycle is in motion.
Due to spending so much time with your ex, your hobbies may have fallen to the wayside. You may have exchanged reading a book in bed at night for pillow talk. Did you stop making jewelry to sit on the couch and watch your ex’s favorite movies? Use this time to rediscover your hobbies and become more in tune with the person you once were
A relationship is a habit, and like any other habit, when you lose it you have to replace it with something else,. “Take the energy you spent on your ex and put it back into yourself… Find a new hobby. Whatever you do it, make it fulfilling and make it about you. If it is a movie you want to see, make sure you watch a series you have not watched with your ex, try a very new series. If it’s a book you want to, read more about your profession than reading inspirational books or love stories. If it’s a new skill you want to venture in, try out a more compelling skill than what you can easily learn or acquire.
5) Hang Out With Or Talk To Loved Ones Every Day: It can be tempting to push people away when you’re in a bad emotional state, but having daily interaction with at least one person who loves and supports you post-breakup can be a great reminder that you’re not alone. Just like you lose touch with yourself in a relationship, it’s easy to lose touch with your friends. Being part of a couple means you spend a lot of time with each other, and you might spend less time with your friends as you enjoy your partner more and more. Being single again means you can have quality time with your friends.
This is one strategy that has worked any time any day regardless of your temperament. Like I posited above, it is a lesson and not a life imprisonment so don’t resort to spending time alone. It is destructive than you may think of.
6) Replace your regret and anger/hatred with gratitude.
Regardless of what led to the end of your relationship, don’t hold a grudge. Everyone makes mistakes, and when emotions are high, people will get hurt. Don’t hate your ex forever and tell everyone that he or she is a bad person. Don’t let your ex have that kind of hold over you anymore. Let those negative feelings go and be thankful for the lessons you have learned instead. Embrace the possibilities of future love and happiness. If not for any other thing sweetie, think of the good old days with your ex.
Baby, just know things does not work the way we plan most times, okay. Look, After the immediate pain has passed, look back on your relationship and reflect. “Sometimes a breakup is the shakeup needed when you need to redirect your life
7) Do Not Check Their Social Media Handles And Do Not Look At Their Pictures