University of Wolverhampton Sports Scholarship is intrinsically linked to our Focus Sports (football, basketball, combat sports and netball); athletes outside of these sports are still considered and more favourably if their sport is recognised within the BUCS competitive framework.
Tier One Scholarship:
- Available to students competing at junior and senior international level.
- Scholars can receive up to £1,500 per academic year for their course of study
Tier Two Scholarship:
- Available to student athletes competing at a nationally recognised standard within their sport.
- Scholars can receive up to £1,000 per academic year for their course of study.
- Athlete performance level is decided on a sport by sport basis but follows the below criteria;
- International – Junior/ Senior
- National – Junior/ Senior
- County/ Regional league
- Be able to demonstrate sporting achievements, particularly in BUCS representation
- Be able to demonstrate a commitment to striving for personal excellence and act as a role model for other students
- Be a registered and enrolled student at the University of Wolverhampton.
- Provide supporting evidence with your application such as; sporting highlights and coach references
- Adhere to all terms and conditions of the sports scholarship programme
How to apply
To apply for the WLV Sport Scholarship please complete the application form on our website: www.wlv.ac.uk/university-life/wlv-sport/sport-scholarship/